Let's make a quilted coat together!
Fall will be here before you know it and having something cozy to wrap yourself in will make the transition to cooler weather more enjoyable and stylish! Join me in this fun quilty adventure of stitching up your own Hovea Coat + Etched Diamond Quilt x Hovea Coat Pattern Extension!
Since there are quite a few steps to tackle, I've broken down this virtual quilt workshop into two sessions:
Session 1 - 6hrs:
In Session 1 you're going to work on piecing the Etched Diamond Quilt patchwork motif featured on the back and pockets. We'll talk about best practices for piecing and getting your patchwork ready for quilting.
Homework from Session 1: You'll continue working on your patchwork pieces and finish the quilting at home.
Session 2 - 6 hrs:
In Session 2 you're going to cut out your pattern pieces and assemble your coat. You'll also start attaching your binding to enclose your seams. I'll share a demo of big stitch hand binding for a fun added quilty detail.
Homework from Session 2: You'll continue attaching your binding and finishing her up by hand at home.
The virtual workshops will occur on Session 1: Saturday, September 16, 2023, and Session 2: Saturday, September 30, 2023, from 10 am to 4 pm EST. You need to attend both sessions to cover all the instructions for the quilted coat.
This is a virtual workshop that will occur over Zoom. I will send you a personalized link to join a few days before the workshop.
- Etched Diamond Quilt x Hovea Coat Pattern Extension (included in the workshop fee and will be emailed to you after purchase)
- Hovea Coat and Hovea Curves Coat available from Megan Nielsen (not included in workshop fee)
- sewing machine, thread, iron, ironing board
- rotary cutter
- HST ruler (optional, but super handy)
- cutting mat
- rotating cutting mat (optional, but super handy)
- 24" ruler
- printed pattern templates (included in the Hovea Coat and Hovea Curves Coat available from Megan Nielsen)
- scissors for cutting paper
- scissors for cutting fabric
- pins and/or clips
- paper and pencil for notes
- Fabric (Patchwork requirements in Etched Diamond Quilt x Hovea Coat Pattern Extension and the full coat fabric requirements are in the Hovea or Hovea Curves patterns.)
I can't wait to dive into me-made fashion with you!
- Requires the purchase of the Hovea Coat or Hovea Curves coat pattern.
- Beginners are welcome, provided you have basic sewing and quilting knowledge and are up for a challenge!
The Hovea Coat Sizing is 0-20 and the Hovea Curves Coat Sizing is 14-34. See Megan Nielsen Patterns' Sizing Chart here. The Etched Diamond Quilt x Hovea Coat Pattern Extension is for the Hovea D view and covers all sizes 0-34.
IMPORTANT - the Etched Diamond Quilt x Hovea Coat Pattern Extension does not include any instructions for fabric, cutting, or piecing instructions for the Hovea Coat pattern. You can pick up your copy at Megan Nielsen: Hovea Coat and Hovea Curves Coat. You will need the Hovea Coat pattern to complete your Etched Diamond x Hovea Coat.
Please note I am unable to accommodate any refunds on workshops unless cancellation occurs 30 days or more prior to the scheduled class date. All refunds will be minus payment provider fees.
All prices are in USD.