Come dive into the fun world of piecing curves through the modern Cloud Surfing quilt! Join me online for this 6-hour virtual modern quilt workshop. I'll walk you through piecing this abstract curvy beauty (which has hung at QuiltCon 2021 and the International Quilt Festival in Houston 2021) with both live directions and streamed videos.
The classes are kept small and intimate (max. 15 students) so that you and I will have time to spend together and I can address any of your questions that pop up!
What You'll Learn:
You'll learn how to piece oval drunkard's path blocks with and without the use of pins. You can choose from there which you prefer!
This class is suitable for advanced beginners (as long as you're up for a little challenge!) and experienced quilters alike.
The virtual workshop will occur on Saturday, January 22, 2022, from 10 am to 4 pm EST, with a 30-minute break for lunch.
This is a virtual workshop that will occur over Zoom. I will send you a personalized link to join a few days before the workshop.
- Cloud Surfing quilt pattern (included in the workshop fee and will be emailed to you after purchase)
- sewing machine, thread, iron, ironing board
- rotary cutter
- rotary cutter with a small head
- cutting mat
- 24" ruler
- printed templates (included in Cloud Surfing quilt pattern) or you can purchase Papper Sax Sten's rulers with your workshop by selecting Oval Ruler Set + Saturday Workshop from the option drop-down list (saves you 10%!).
- scissors for cutting paper
- scissors for cutting fabric
- paper and pencil for notes
- Fabric (full fabric requirements in the pattern)
I can't wait to stitch with you!
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
"I took Shannon's Cloud Surfing Piecing workshop and am so happy I did. Piecing curves was new to me and Shannon made the process approachable and easy to follow. She was great at checking in to make sure everyone was both learning and enjoying themselves. I think what I loved most is that you're learning a new technique and you have this beautiful modern quilt top at the end! I highly recommend this workshop for anyone looking to try curves for the first time." Alison W.
Please note I am unable to accommodate any refunds on workshops unless cancellation occurs 30 days or more prior to the scheduled class date. All refunds will be minus payment provider fees.
All prices are in USD.